- The Websites collect cookies and use them for research, analysis, studies, and new product and service development.
- We use the analytics tool such as Google Analytics in order to achieve the usage purpose above.
- You have several rights in relation to your information, such as the right to access and to correct your personal data if we start to collect and process such data. You also have the right to object to the processing for direct marketing purposes and profiling.
1. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Pioneer is responsible for the processing of your personal data. Pioneer is a Kabusiki-Kaisha under Japanese law, whose registered office is established at 28-8, Honkomagome 2-Chome, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0021, Japan.
2. WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS ABOUT YOU?
3. HOW IS THE COLLECTED INFORMATION USED?
We use the collected information (only cookies) for;
- Provision of aggregated, non-identifiable usage information to Pioneer in order to conduct research, analysis, studies, and new product and service development.
The third-party analytics tool, called Google Analytics from Google, uses data sent to Google’s servers from a Google Analytics software agent embedded in the Websites on your device or through cookies, pixel tags or other tools on the Websites. Information collected through Google Analytics is used by Google to provide Pioneer with aggregated, non-identifiable the Websites usage information. For additional information on Google’s practices on data privacy and security in connection with Google Analytics, please visit:
Pioneer receives aggregated, non-identifiable information on usage from Google Analytics. Pioneer uses this information to track how the Websites are used in order to conduct research, analysis, studies, and new product and service development. In this regard, Pioneer is the controller for the processing of your information.
If you do not want the information to be collected and used in this way, you may opt out in accordance with the Article 3. For information on the privacy controls offered by Google, please visit:
Depending on the individual case, Pioneer processes your information based on your consent, to perform contracts, or to pursue Pioneer’s legitimate interests (including improvement of the Services). You can withdraw your consent and terminate your use at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent, you may withdraw in accordance with Article 4 below.
4. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Below you will find a summary of the cookies that Pioneer uses on the Websites based on the purpose for which they are collected.
- Essential cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around in the Website and its features. These cookies provide basic web functionality.
- Functionality cookies
We use functionality cookies to allow the site to remember choices you make (such as your language preference) and provide more enhanced, personal features. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites, and they do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the Internet outside the Websites.
- Performance cookies
These cookies collect information about your visit and use of the Websites, for instance which pages you visit the most often, and if you get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a user. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our websites work.
However, remember that, if you turn off cookies, certain parts of Websites, some graphic elements may not be accessible or not look as good and you may not be able to use certain applications, some areas of Website may take more time to work, or may not function properly.
5. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Pioneer may share your personal data with the following third parties who act on behalf of Pioneer:
- distributors and partners, such as Pioneer affiliates and group companies including our subsidiary, Pioneer Europe NV, with whom we for instance share aggregated reports about customer satisfaction
- service providers providing specific services for us, such as analytics agencies, marketing agencies or web design agencies who optimize the Websites to ensure a smooth user experience
In addition, Pioneer may be obliged to disclose your personal data when required by law or by court order.
In all cases, we are committed to ensure the confidentiality of your data, which also means concluding contracts with our partners and service providers defining an adequate level of data protection, imposing confidentiality obligations upon them.
6. DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA?
Some data may be stored or transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes described in Article 2 above. It is possible that this transfer occurs via third parties (as mentioned in Article 5 above) established outside the EEA territory or because data are stored on a server that is located or is accessible from outside the EEA.
In this respect, Pioneer is committed to ensure an adequate level of protection for your data, in particular by either ensuring that there is an adequacy decision for the country to which data are transferred or by concluding standard contractual clauses (as provided for by Article 45 and 46 of the GDPR). If you have questions in this regard you can contact our data protection officer.
7. HOW ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA PROTECTED?
In order to guarantee the security of your personal data we have set in place a series of security measures and safeguards. Your personal data is stored on secure networks that may only be accessed by a limited number of persons holding special access rights and who undertake to respect and maintain its confidential nature.
Despite these measures, due care should be taken when storing and/or sharing your personal data and log
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Pioneer will not process your personal data longer than necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected. Pioneer will refresh its marketing contact database up to and including every three years. In case of for instance a customer satisfaction survey we will delete the data once the aggregated results are processed provided that this does not impair the results of the survey.
9. WHAT ABOUT LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA?
10. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT?
11. HOW CAN YOU APPEAL?
If you are dissatisfied with the processing of your information by Pioneer, you can issue your complaint to the appropriate regulatory authority according to applicable law.
12. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
- By e-mail at email@example.com;
- By mail, for the attention of the Data Protection Officer, Pioneer Europe NV, Keetberglaan 1, 9120 Beveren (Belgium).
- By e-mail at info_BDeurope@post.pioneer.co.jp;
- By mail, for the attention of Pioneer Corporation Industrial Solutions Division,
Address: 5-5-5 Koishikawa, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-0002 (Japan).
We kindly ask you to attach proof of your identity.